Collagen loss occurs in skin especially when women reach their 50s. This is one of the reasons that many of them use an anti aging cream that can help them smoothen out wrinkles and reduce fine lines as well as get rid of saggy skin. Now if you’re in the same boat and looking for skincare tips for women in their 50s, keep reading.
Skincare for Women in 50s in the Morning
- Use a face wrinkle cream with antioxidant: Experts agree that inflammation speeds up skin aging, and you don’t want that to happen or else you will notice more skin problems. To reduce aging effects on skin, use a face serum or cream that has antioxidants to reduce cellular inflammation due to free radicals and oxidative stress.
- Apply a hydrating sunscreen that contains SPF. The sun’s harmful UV rays do not only cause dryness and itchy skin but also speed aging. Before going out the sun, don’t forget to dab on face cream that contains SPF. Select a rich base if you have a dry skin in order to increase skin moisture.
- Use an eye cream. If you haven’t thought of including eye creams in your skincare routine, you may want to consider it now. The skin in and around your eyes are thinner than that in other facial skin areas that’s why you should not neglect eye skin but start taking care of it now to fight the signs of aging, including eye wrinkles. Look for and use a product contains collagen boosters, including glycolic acids, peptides and retinoids for the best results.
Skincare for Women in 50s in the Evening
- Aside from using the best anti aging face creams, you must also select and regularly use a facial cleanser, which gets rid of a dirt, dust and pollution on your skin in the evening. Cleansing your face also allows better absorption of facial treatments you apply on your face in the evening, creating a clean canvass that lets the products penetrate your skin effectively.
- Include an antioxidant cream or serum in your evening routine. You can apply the same cream you’re using in the morning for skin moisturization while you’re sleeping.
- In addition to skin creams, you should use an exfoliating facial treatment, including retinoids, which is one of the best options to encourage fast cell turnover and increased collagen production. You can also try peptides and glycolic acid, which are less irritating for the skin versus retinoids.
More Skincare Tips for Women in 50s
- Before applying any skincare products, make sure that your face is clean. Choose a gentle cleanser to get rid of the dirt without stripping natural oils off your skin. You may want to opt for those products containing alpha hydroxy acids for fast skin cell turnover.
- Always protect your skin from the sun. Use sunscreen with protection both for UVB and for UVA rays for the best coverage.
- Maintain smooth and young looking with collagen booster that can reduce fine lines, wrinkles and age spots.
Following these skincare tips for women in 50s can keep you younger looking for many more years. So if you want to strip the signs of aging off your face, use an anti wrinkle cream, cleanser and sunscreen, among others, and take care of your skin to delay the appearance of visible fine lines and wrinkles, and other skin problems.