Women use face creams to get rid or to smoothen out fine lines and wrinkles, one of the most common problems that make them look older than they actually are. But then, if you’re in the same boat looking for a guide on how these face products can help, keep reading as well as understand the causes of wrinkles.
What’s a wrinkle? Briefly, it’s a crease, a fine line or a folding part of the skin, which develops in the neck, face, forearms and hands. According to the experts, these fine lines are caused by different factors, such as those we’re outlining in the following:
- Aging: No one can stop aging, and some people age faster than others do. When people come of age, many things happen in the body. One of which is the loss of collagen due to its decreased production. Additionally, the skin also starts losing its elasticity, which then results to saggy skin and more pronounced crevices and lines. For women having these lines, they use anti aging creams to stimulate collagen production and improve skin elasticity.
- Facial expressions: Squinting, frowning and smiling are also contributors of fine lines on your face. If you always do any of these facial expressions, then you might be a candidate for the early formation of wrinkles due to muscle memory and lack of skin elasticity. When you’re younger, your skin is able to spring back after any of these facial expressions, but not when you’re older. Such ability slows down as you become older.
- Smoking: It is one of the culprits of fast and premature aging for many women. If you don’t know it yet, smoking leads to the constriction of the blood vessels, impairing blood, oxygen and nutrient supply to the skin. So if you want to get the most out of an anti aging cream, stop smoking if you are, so that you can improve blood flow to your skin and achieve its healthy appearance.
- Genetics: Some women are predisposed to wrinkles due to hereditary factors. So if your mother or father had developed wrinkles earlier than people of their same age had, then you might also have wrinkles earlier in your life. To prevent the appearance of these early fine lines, apply a wrinkle cream regularly and always hydrate your skin by drinking up to eight glasses of water.
- Sun exposure: Women who are always exposed to the sun, especially whose works are in the field, suffer from more wrinkles and fine lines than those who always stay under shade. Studies had it that 80% of facial wrinkles are caused by sun exposure.
With continued exposure, your skin loses elasticity and suffers from hyper-pigmentation. What happens is that the rays break down the connective tissues of your skin, ruining its elasticity and strength. To prevent this from happening, use face wrinkle cream with sun protection factor of at least 30.
There you have the causes of wrinkles that you must know. So for example if you’re smoking, you may want to stop now in order to prevent further skin damage as well as use the right Dr Oz cream regularly. Learn more about the causes of wrinkles today!